Thursday, September 07, 2006

Day 3

Day three of school and I'm already overwhelmed like you wouldn't believe. One of my first homework assignments of the year was to read the entire Odyssey by next Tuesday. Yeah, a 500 some odd paged book in a week. Which wouldn't be that big of a deal if it was a normal book, but it is written in like... old english or.. something and it is kinda hard to understand. Oh, good news though! I got a job. 5am-8:30 am Monday through Friday. I am trying to slowly adjust my schedule so that I won't be exhausted all day in classes, I guess we will see how that works out. Some guys from the apartment complex (aka my ward for those of you who know what that is) came over the other night and played games and made rice crispy treats with Jess and I. Then they decided they all wanted to hear my play the piano... that wasn't so cool. I'm really not that talented, but I went and played for them. Kimberlee, one of my new roommates, has a birthday this Saturday. She will be 19. We are going to celebrate tonight probably by just baking her a cake and getting her a little present because she goes home every weekend so we have to do it before she leaves tomorrow. She is from Salt Lake. My other roommates name is Angela. She is from California, I think around the Sacramento area, I'm not quite sure. Her brother and his roommates called her last night and offered to make dinner for us this Sunday night.. so free food! I'm excited. Well, I guess that is all for now.

1 comment:

Joni said...

Welcome back, Heidi!

Glad to know that BYU is keeping you plenty busy. I don't know what kind of mad professor would ask you to read the Odyssey in such a short amount of time!? Nuts, I tell ya'. Well, enjoy it anyway, I guess.

More pics! More pics! I like them. Someone is rather talented with that camera.

Later.