Monday, July 21, 2008

Especially For Youth

Efy was amazing. Everything was perfect. If perfection were possible July 14-19 would have hit the spot. I had the best group ever and the best councilors ever! Our group name was No Temptation. The theme this year was Steady and Sure going along with this scripture in the Book of Mormon:

Mosiah 5:15

Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in agood works, that Christ, the bLord God Omnipotent, may cseal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who dcreated all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all. Amen.

I love this especially "Be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent, may seal you his". It's so beautiful and true. I learned at efy that reading my scriptures and saying more personal prayers was how I could become steadfast and immoveable but most of all looking to Christ.

A quick run down on efy: Monday-Check-in, orientation, Family Home Evening. Tuesday- Classes, Dance. Wednesday-Classes, game night, cheer-off (which No Temptation won by the way), pizza night. Thursday-Young Men and Young separate for meetings, Variety show (Nathan, Alec, Mark, Marisa, Luke, Jake, and I all participated), fireside, testimony meeting. Friday-Service activity, For the Strength of Youth activity, Taking it Home, dance. Saturday-check-out, drive home, miss efy so much.

Zion is described as "the pure in heart". This week at efy we talked about how efy could be a Zion of we made it so. We had to be of "one heart and one mind and [dwell] in righteousness" and leave no one behind. I believe my group accomplished that and much more and if that's what this world will be like after Christ comes again then I want to be there. That means that I must be righteous and follow my Father in Heave 100%. If He says go on a mission then I will. If He says to keep my body, language, and thoughts pure then I will. If he tells me to study his word then I will. One of the main things I learned is that I MUST study the scriptures everyday or else I can not stand steadfast and immovable against the adversary and the world. I know that Christ is the savior of the world. I don't just believe it, I know it. But I have also learned to have a great love for everyone. I struggled to love some people in the past but this week I have seen such a change some of my best friends that I no longer can deny that the light of Christ is in everyone. He loves everyone I now know more than ever that he will prepare a way for everyone to come back to Him if we accept Him.

No comments: