Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Lupus









For everyone that doesn't know.. I was diagonsed with an acute case of the disease Lupus. It occurs mostly in women ages 19-21. Because of the excess of hormones in women's bodies during this time the immune system can become confused. In this particular case, my immune system is attacking my body and causing rashes to form on my face and arms. Here is a good site that tells a lot about what it actually consists of. www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/lupus.html I am on medication to control the disease so I should be fine, but I will most likely have it for the rest of my life. The rashes should go away though. Other than that piece of news my life is pretty good. I have been at the doctor a lot lately, and had to quit my job. Here are some recent pictures from hanging out. The last few are of the UVSC and University of Utah hockey game. If there was a way for me to tell you who everyone was, I would, but it could get messy because there are so many people in the pictures. Yesterday Mark asked Angela to homecoming by Teepeeing her room and leaving a note that said "If you've got to go, go with me" and she answered him by saying "We've got to go. Let's roll." and she teepeed some trees and stuff outside of his apartment. That is what the other pictures are from. I will be at the doctor all day today. I have to go to the American Fork hospital to get tested for blood clotting which could hurt my heart and then afterwards I have another appointment with the dermatologist to try to clear up my rash so that it doesn't leave scars. He will probably look at my stitches too. They took skin grafts to test. I will get the final results of all the testing today as well. I also have at least one test today, maybe two depending on how I'm feeling. Hopefully I can just do one today, but it isn't looking very promising, I will probably do both of them so that I don't have to pay late fees. Speaking of which, I had better go study for Biology.

No comments: