Thursday, April 06, 2006

Hi from Dad

Hi,
Washington lost 7 houses in a big storm. Looked like a small tornado to me.

I hiked a twenty-mile hike --- that was painful, I nearly died.

Had a fun day at the hospital getting my colon scoped. What we older people do for fun! Clean bill of health- sorry, no life insurance to be collected at this time.

One half of my potato crop got frozen. Yes, I know plant on Good Friday next time!

I decided to exercise an American right. I now own a gun, a shotgun to be exact with shotgun shells and deer slugs. I became awfully frightened of the Department of Homeland Security and decided to arm myself. (The terrorists are here and there but the Dept of Homeland Security is everywhere and mostly ineffective pork barrel legislation.-- My personal political view- sorry.) President Benson would be proud and so would George Washington both of whom felt that the right to defend oneself was a God given right. I listened to a talk by President Benson from the sixties. It was very impressive as he warned against the industrial-military-complex and human rights protected by God. It established a very good argument for the existence of God and God's Laws. Brother Baker showed it to us in Scouts. I now feel like a home-grown pioneer. Oh the gun was made in Massachusetts after 1919. It was given to me by my co-worker at work. The price was certainly right. It roars like thunder. I slewed a plastic bag in the back-yard with it.

The grass is growing. Jeff-daddio the plastic-bag slayer.

1 comment:

Joni said...

Well, for a minute there, I thought I was reading something Heidi wrote. I was thinking... "Heidi, with a gun? How odd."

Ha.

Good to hear that ol' Jeff is doing well. ;)